Hello everyone! You might have noticed I’ve been busy – March will feature a wedding post series since I got married (whoohoo)! Enjoy!
For my bachelorette weekend, my bridesmaids organized a gorgeous Air BnB getaway (baking pizza, spa/makeovers, and movies), then we had a pastry class at Sur la Table! Can’t think of a better way to bond – we all love cooking and eating!
We did 4 desserts every chef should know – Dark Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Tart, Ginger Creme Brulee, and Grand Marnier Souffle! Totally worth checking it out 🙂
For the bridal shower, my sister/maid of honor Stephanie and mom rocked all the food preparation and display. It was definitely the cutest bridal shower I’d ever been to. Of course, we’ll be sharing the recipes here so you too can plan your own brunch party!
– white plates (3 rectangle and 2 round) from World Market
– flowers from Costco (2 dozen for just $17!)
– giant paper clip (held mimosa sign) and paper baking cups from Michaels on sale
– labels – folder watercolor paper with gold sharpie and cut circles with yarn for the mimosa bottle labels
– thrifted water dispenser, cake stands, baskets for height variation (the key to a beautiful display)
– make the muffins, madeleines ahead of time
– whipped cream and fruit trifle – can buy the pound cake if you don’t want to make from scratch
– feel free to home bake/prep or buy from the store depending on how involved you want the preparation
– mini strawberry parfait with granola – use 2 oz plastic shot glasses and buy mini spoons from the dollar store. Use regular plain yogurt, not Greek since it’s easier to spoon into the cups when it’s less thick
– Strawberry orange trifle with cream – one of my absolute favorite desserts ever, stay tuned for recipe!
– bacon, chives, and cheddar scones – stay tuned for recipe!
– turkey meatballs with Texas Bourbon Glaze – meatballs from Costco, glaze from HEB grocery
– smoked sausage with mango chutney – smoked sausage and chutney from HEB grocery
– veggie dip with ranch and hummus – 4 square pillars (2 tall and 2 short) from Ikea for cheap and elegant display of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red bell peppers
– mini croissants with deli meats (rosemary turkey, pastrami) and assorted cheeses
– charcuterie boards – salami, Trader Joe’s crackers, local cheeses and giant globe grapes (check out this adorable Texas shaped board
and that boot shaped cheese knives)
– Orange Infused Spa Water – water, ice, and orange slices (doesn’t get any easier than this)
– Honey Mint Tea
– my brother’s special drink – green tea with fresh mint leaves
– Fruit mimosas – champagne mixed with orange, strawberry peach, and mango juice with fresh sliced fruit – pineapple, orange, peach, and strawberry. Can’t have a girl’s brunch without mimosas!
There you go! A beautiful (and more importantly) super tasty DIY bridal brunch that doesn’t bust the wallet and still Pinterest worthy 😀
Wow, what a beautiful spread! It looks more amazing in these pictures than the other ones I saw. Great mix of sweet and savory my love!
Dad asked me if I wanted to come home that weekend but I wasn't able to so I missed out on all the food 🙁 But in the end Dad said he ended up becoming the photographer of Natalie and all the people there haha
i passed on having a bridal shower, and now i'm regretting that! nice spread. 🙂
You missed out on the great food!
You can always host a ladies' brunch! Never wrong to have mimosas on Sunday haha
Wow! That went by so fast! Congratulations you amazeballs woman you! Enjoy the married life 🙂
This is so beautiful, and doesn't look too complicated to put together. I love it!
Beautiful layout! What a fun shower!
Yup and we're both officially gonna be doctors – we both matched to our residencies last and this week. Time flies!
We kept it as simple and straightforward as we could while keeping it pretty 🙂
Super cute! Love the Mimosa Bar!!!
This is fabulous post! The shower ideas look simple yet elegant. Love it! And those banana chocolate chip muffins sound exquisite. =) What an amazing event.
What a wonderful shower! I just love tiny desserts – like the little cups of mousse. Perfect! — Amy @ https://www.thegiftedgabber.com
Something to eat and drink for everyone. Beautiful job.
Where were you when we planned my wife's bridal shower, or baby shower for that matter. Everything looked elegant and amazing with something suited to everyone's tastes. You set the bar high for your wedding. Good Luck!
Oh how I love brunch! This is beautiful!
I love brunch and this one was gorgeous! It looks like a ton of work however. But I bet it was worth it because the food looks delicious!
Brunch is awesome. And those desserts and drinks sound amazing. I want to try all of them!!
That was mom's favorite part 🙂
Every muffin looks adorable with cute paper cup liners. Thanks Aarika!
We really like tiny portions because they're so cute and then you can sample a larger variety of foods 🙂
Yes, our wedding posts will come soon! We are a food and dessert centric family and wanted our guests to be well fed 🙂 Thanks
It definitely took some planning but it was worth it – we only would something this fancy for a bridal shower haha. But you can scale it down and make it a normal brunch party too
This is such a great spread! Simple and yummy, the perfect combination.
Sophie | MapleTreeBlog
That looks like so much fun. What a great idea for a bridal shower. The display is gorgeous. You must have been so happy to be greeted by it!
Yes, a bunch of friends and I went hiking and we returned home hungry and excited for all this gorgeousness (of course we got prettified before delving in!)
Yep, you missed out on a great party. No grooms allowed 😛
This is a beautiful spread! Looks like it belongs in Style Me Pretty.
My daughter was married here and all our guests said that this is the most amazing wedding they've ever been too. I love the dark wood, the beamed ceilings, and the overall sort of great vibe of the wedding venues Los Angeles.