Happy birthday Nike! I made this fox cake for her since we call her Little Fox.
This is a dog friendly carrot banana cake that is just 3 inches, so it’s the perfect size for a small or medium sized dog. If you have a bigger dog you can double batch it!
This cake was a lucky accident. I’ve been so busy with work that I was planning on making a regular naked cake that was a lot more simple… but the edges baked unevenly. To cover it up, I then made cream cheese frosting. However, because I don’t have butter or sugar in it like my typical cream cheese frosting for humans, it didn’t spread nicely. So I just went with the rustic look and turned it into a fox cake! The ears, eyes, and nose are just cardstock paper I colored with a marker. You can also use this idea for human cakes as well (this is perfect for a baby or kid’s birthday)
Nike is such a dainty eater, it took her 4 days to eat it haha. You can see a video of her eating it here.
- I wish I had a video of Nike’s face the day Isabelle came home. It was one of utter shock haha
- Nike is the gentlest big sister to Isabelle and very tolerant of her curious hands and feet
- With COVID19, she gets so disappointed when people make eye contact but don’t pet her
- New tricks include “crossing paws” like a lady and “do a barrel roll” (rolling over up to 5 times ina. row)
- She was a champ hiking in Acadia (8 miles of hard hikes) and flying cross country to California
Carrot Banana Fox Cake for Dogs
1/4 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
DOG CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 3 inch cake molds or springform pans.
Combine the egg, banana, vegetable oil, honey, and carrots in a bowl and mix. Mix in the flour and baking soda. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.