Fox Carrot Cake for Dogs
Happy birthday Nike! I made this fox cake for her since we call her Little Fox.
This is a dog friendly carrot banana cake that is just 3 inches, so it’s the perfect size for a small or medium sized dog. If you have a bigger dog you can double batch it!
This cake was a lucky accident. I’ve been so busy with work that I was planning on making a regular naked cake that was a lot more simple… but the edges baked unevenly. To cover it up, I then made cream cheese frosting. However, because I don’t have butter or sugar in it like my typical cream cheese frosting for humans, it didn’t spread nicely. So I just went with the rustic look and turned it into a fox cake! The ears, eyes, and nose are just cardstock paper I colored with a marker. You can also use this idea for human cakes as well (this is perfect for a baby or kid’s birthday)
Nike is such a dainty eater, it took her 4 days to eat it haha. You can see a video of her eating it here.
More fun quirks and the year’s adventures (see prior quirks here 1st birthday,2nd birthday)
- I wish I had a video of Nike’s face the day Isabelle came home. It was one of utter shock haha
- Nike is the gentlest big sister to Isabelle and very tolerant of her curious hands and feet
- With COVID19, she gets so disappointed when people make eye contact but don’t pet her
- New tricks include “crossing paws” like a lady and “do a barrel roll” (rolling over up to 5 times ina. row)
- She was a champ hiking in Acadia (8 miles of hard hikes) and flying cross country to California
You can see my prior birthday cakes for Nike (1st birthday, 2nd birthday) on the blog as well. I can’t wait to see what adventures this coming year brings for us. Enjoy!
Carrot Banana Fox Cake for Dogs
1/4 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
DOG CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 3 inch cake molds or springform pans.
Combine the egg, banana, vegetable oil, honey, and carrots in a bowl and mix. Mix in the flour and baking soda. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.